Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cupcakes and Sunshine


Today was a really big day for me, and I will write more about that soon, but for now, I will tell you about the chocolate cupcakes that I made.  Today is one of those days where I thought my family and I could use a cupcake.  We ate six from the batch pictured, and tomorrow the rest will be given to a cupcake friend in need.    



Not only was it a cupcake-needing-kind-of-day, it was also a great day to blow off energy at the park.  The sun is finally out here in Germany, and the temperature was up to 45 degrees, so outside we went...then came home and had cupcakes after dinner. 

 

So if there were a competition, Dunkin Hines would knock out Betty Crocker in the first round!  Granted, the types of cupcakes I made (Betty Crocker Carrot Cake and Dunkin Hines Devil’s Food Chocolate) were completely different, but I still have to say that Dunkin Hines is my go to when I’m using a box recipe. 

Here are the cupcakes my mom made. 

 

This is what she had to say about her German Chocolate Cupcakes

“They baked up a little tall and rounded, so I used the cupcake corer to make a divet in the center to anchor the frosting."


“I delivered them to the staff and volunteers of Old Fort Concho. Its a wonderful place established in 1867 and is one of the best conserved forts in the nation. People really are happy when you give them fresh-baked cupcakes. I'm having a blast with this challenge.”

If you'd like to share your cupcakes, for the whole month of challenges or just for a day email me here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!