Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cupcakes by My Mother, Crystal


My mom has taken this challenge and run with it...I just haven’t had the time to share all of her hard work...until now!

She has been out there making people’s day brighter for days now, so it is time that I update the blog and show you all what she has been up to.

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:




These are for the Monday night meeting of the San Angelo Composite Squadron of Civil Air Patrol.


Super Chocolate Cupcakes:

 

"Friday was Chocolate with Chocolate Frosting given to Roger (her brother and my uncle) - made his day! Saturday was Rocky Road served at supper with my friends. It was a hit with everyone."

 
Yellow Cupcakes for the Yellow Rose of Texas:



The Texas Veterans Commission was created in 1927 as the State Service Office to assist veterans of the Indian wars, Spanish-American War and World War I. Our purpose has always been to act as the state appointed advocate of Texas veterans as they attempt to secure the benefits rightfully earned in exchange for their service in our nation's armed forces.

 

And my all-time favorite kind of cupcake, the Jello Poke Cupcake with Whipped Cream on top:



Today, I delivered cupcakes to the Tom Green County Library. What serendipity: when I told Sally I had made Raspberry Jello 'poke' cupcakes, she told me that if she had to choose one kind of cake, that's what she would choose; and today is the second anniversary of our new library building!  Sally is the first person I met at the library when I moved here. She speaks fluent German (she translated the words on the block in your backyard stone wall), has shared recipes with me and greets everyone with her warm smile. Sally is the Youth Services Coordinator for the Tom Green County Library System.

 
My mom, another ginger!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!